What is patient access?
Why is patient access important for hospitals and health systems?
- To ensure patients get the care they need - where and when they need it
- To drive operational efficiency for hospitals and health systems
- To maximize in-network patient retention
What are the points of access within a hospital or health system?
Who are the key stakeholders in a hospital or health system who drive patient access?
- Patient access spans departments and is becoming an increasingly significant strategic priority at the C-level.
- While patient access spans health systems, departments with a particular focus on it typically include:
- Patient Access
- Patient Experience
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Physician Leadership
What can hospitals and health systems do to improve patient access?
- Assess the current state of patient access at your organization, including provider search and appointment scheduling workflows. Understand the extent to which you're able to match patients with providers who meet their needs and preferences. Read this research report for how other health systems are doing in this area.
- Maintain a centralized and accurate provider directory to ensure accurate, reliable, and up-to-date provider data. Want to learn more? Request a demo.
- Implement patient access software across patient entry points to your organization to deliver a consistent patient experience enterprise-wide. Want to learn more? Request a demo.
- Monitor and measure results.